Free Shipping !!!
Click on images to enlarge.
Custom made mailbox and currently shipping in 4-6 weeks
• The Gateway front and rear opening column mailbox inserts have doors on both ends to provide for mail retrieval from the rear of the mailbox column. On the locking version mail is inserted through the slot behind the opened front door and retrieved from the rear door. It is available with a locking or non locking rear door.
• The mailbox consists of two sleeves that you can adjust during construction to accommodate a column depth from 14" to 23".
• The Gateway column mailbox inserts are hand made in America, by American craftsman.
• The Gateway column mailbox inserts with address numbers are custom made to order and take approximately 10-14 days to make.
• The Gateway column mailbox insert is made entirely of brass and features a unique proprietary hand applied finish designed to achieve a naturally aged patina.
• Each mailbox is hand finished resulting in slight variations between individual mailboxes, however the image depicted is a very close representation of what your mailbox will look like.
• When new, the finish will have varying degrees of red and brown, with pink and yellow hues possible. As it ages, the colors will darken and dull transforming into a dark natural patina that will last for decades without peeling, flaking or degrading, as inevitably happens with paint and powder coat finishes.
• All of our column mailboxes are designed to add beauty and functionality to any mailbox column constructed of brick, stone, stucco or other materials. Click on photo above to view larger image. This listing is for the mailbox only, masonry columns are not included.
• For optional address numbers, select quantity of numbers needed, then enter up to 5 numbers into the text field. Addresses requiring 5 numbers must include the number one, otherwise only 4 numbers will fit the door width. The address plaque shown at the bottom of this page will accommodate up to 5 numbers.
• 3" high solid brass numbers are brazed to the front door and become a permanent part of your mailbox. They are custom made to order and take approximately 10 days to ship.
• Address numbers are attached before the finishing process, resulting in the same natural patina finish as the column mailbox.
• Locking option available with purchase. If ordered with lock on one end, the front will have a slot and the rear door will not have a lock. If ordered with a lock on both ends the front will have a slot and rear will have a locked access door. Front slot is shown in image below. The non locking version is hollow through from front to back.
• Numbers are $12.00 each. Orders with address numbers ship in approximately 10 days.
• Matching address plaque are available below. Click on image for details.
• The mailbox flag includes an "L" shaped bracket for insertion into the grout joint of your column mailbox and is constructed entirely from solid brass and copper. As with the mailbox, it will age gracefully and develop a dark natural patina. Please note that if you select the locking option there isn't a place to leave outgoing mail. Available only with the purchase of the mailbox. If you'd like to order a flag separately contact our office.
• Dimensions: Mail slot for locking version is 8” W x 1.75” H.
• Dimensions: Faceplate 9.5” W x 10.25” H.
• Dimensions: Receptacle box 8.25” W x 9” H.
• Overall depth: Adjustable depth from 14" to 23".